My loves

My  loves
Our family

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Surgery drama :)

Hannah's mitrofanoff surgery is next wed, 1/11.  She is supposed to be admitted 2 days before for bowel prep.   Yesterday morning the urologist called and said that the allergist didn't think she should have surgery until she was seen by Endocrinlogy  and Rheumatology.  I panicked  and he said he would call dr M, the medically complex dr.  I called his office too and also called allergy.  the allergist that made this decision doesn't work at dupont anymore.  After a lot of phone calls, they made her appts on friday with endo and rheum....amazing!  So I was talking to urology and telling them about the appts, she mentioned hannah was to be admitted on tuesday! I found out that her insurance (medical assistance) doesn't think she needs 2 days of bowel prep!   today another lady called from urology and said she was trying to find out what was done today, the dr was going to do a peer to peer review about this.  Because she is also a nephrology patient they want to be careful how they do it.  I am still praying MA comes through and lets her have the 2 days, otherwise we are going to have to do some of that here :(   The dr called the pre auth # and they also did a letter of necesity...please pray they can work it out.  Hopefully I will know more tomorrow.
 When she had bloodwork done for allergy, he did testing for her thyroid and auto immune disorders, she has high thyroid and ANA levels...so she must be in a lot more pain that we realize. I am a little nervous at what they are going to tell me at the appts.

No comments: